23 February 2010

d.i.r.t.y.

This morning I opted not to wash my hair and threw on one of the large crocheted headbands I picked up in UT over the holidays. This happens all the time, as I am fairly religious about not washing my hair everyday, NBD. (I do, however, shower regularly. I find the distinction great and important.)

But, this afternoon, I sat here trying to think of the last time I did wash my hair. I'm pretty sure it was Thursday or Friday, but I can't remember exactly and I pray it wasn't earlier in the week than that (I know for sure it wasn't later on Sat/Sun/Mon). It's most definitely Tuesday. Umm, wow. Not cool. Not cool at all, Courtney Kay.


Is this something I can blame on living in Oregon??

8 comments:

Diana said...

Wow. Except for a short stint abroad I've lived in OR my entire life and can proudly claim that I've never gone that long without washing my hair! So, no you can't blame this one on living in this fine state :)

Either way, I'm jealous that your hair can go that long and still look presentable. I can't go more than a day and a half!

JonJon said...

I wash my hair every day. It's a lot easier for me though:)

Kristine said...

That's ridiculous. And I'm jealous too! I definitely have the oily hair that demands to be washed every day. Lucky...

Kristine said...

Oh, except there were the Girls Camp days, when I was one of those girls with my hair in a million braids instead of washing it all week. At the end of the week, I'd take the braids out, and still not wash my hair, because it was so much fun having super curly hair for a day!

Emily said...

Oh my land. I couldn't love you more :)

Rockaholic "Dirty Secret" Dry Shampoo. It will change your life.

Kirstin said...

I previously felt that "I'm in Europe" was the only acceptable reason for going that long in between shampoos, but I'm getting a new haircut next week that I think will look better dirty, so I'll probably be joining you in the contest to see how long you can go without washing your hair. But I will continue to shower daily, because that distinction is important. I'll have to get a big bottle of dry shampoo to keep from looking completely grungy.

JonJon said...

Next time I see you and Kirsten together, I hope you're both totally grunged out with dreads and dark heavy eye makeup and chains and stuff.

Nathan and Whitney Tanner said...

I know a girl who completely stopped washing her hair for like 2 months to get it back to natural, and now only washes it with baking soda or something. You're totally granola. The sooner you accept it, the better off we'll all be :) love you