26 February 2009

procrastination

I had put off finishing the documentation for some of the IO's I did in January. I'm too tired after work, and I keep promising myself I'll do it on the weekend, but then I don't. It's hard to find time for something when doing laundry is a more fun option.

Yesterday someone e-mailed me needing the documentation for one of the IO's as they were finishing the audit this week. Umm yeah, I'll get that to you tonight. Perfect, because Wednesdays are the night we get to leave this client early. But as the day wrapped up I had too much to do to feel like I could leave early. So I worked until 7:30pm, then volunteered to drop something off in the office for the partner to review.

Then I went home to eat dinner and my finish my IO documentation. I took a half hour break to chat with my bro, which was nice. I finished working about 11pm and headed back to the office to drop stuff in the girl's mailbox. Of course the parking situation at my complex was a mess when I rolled back in after midnight and I had a little hike back to my apartment after finally finding a spot.

I fell into bed about 12:30am, so I could get back up at 6:30am and start it all over again. Why do I do this to myself?