23 January 2009

breakfast

I eat a Cliff bar pretty much everyday for breakfast. It's easy to eat while I'm driving to work (late) and doesn't take any prep time. Because I seriously don't often have a minute and a half to microwave oatmeal on weekdays. There are usually about four empty Cliff bar wrappers in my car at all times.

With that said, I had an automated voice message this week letting me know that there has been a massive recall on Cliff bars due to some Salmonella contamination in their peanut butter. So that huge box of Cliff bars you bought at Costco (24 for $20-- what a steal) should probably be returned. I've probably already eaten half the box. Lovely. Also, I haven't been available to run errands during Costco's business hours this week.

So this morning as I drove to work, eating my Peanut Butter Crunch Cliff bar, I hoped I wasn't going to get Salmonella poisoning, because I can't figure out how to go to the doctor with my health insurance (it was hard enough to just figure out which plan to sign up for and in the end I just did the same one my friends were doing). And I don't have time to take a sick day.

4 comments:

Diana said...

I love it! If you find you're stricken with salmonella, I'll be more than happy to take a sick day to take you to the hospital. I might even be able to do some of your work for you...I can tick-mark with the best of them!

Diana said...

oh, and on another note--how on earth did the powers that be 1. know that you'd purchased the contaminated cliff bars and 2. have your cell phone number?? A bit creepy if you ask me!

Nathan and Whitney Tanner said...

I say if you haven't gotten sick yet, you're probably good for the rest of the box! haha

Rachel F. said...

I say test your odds and eat them all. In the same day. On Costco premises. Or demand a refund?

Sometimes I get depressed hearing about your work situations. I should start looking now for a good on-the-go breakfast option because heaven knows I'll be running late too.