29 November 2009

welcome home

So Saturday night after arriving home in Portland, my roommate warns me not to drink the tap water. Apparently there's an E. coli scare for the water in the west side of Portland. Lovely.
Luckily it only lasted a couple days as avoiding tap water is a huge pain. I still brushed my teeth with tap water during the scare, though. I figured if brushing with tap water in Vietnam and China (oops) didn't make me sick, it certainly wouldn't in Portland either.
Just before going to bed the night I got home, my room smelled all mildewy. I washed the towels and bath mats and cleaned my bathroom in case that was the problem. Then I noticed that if I stepped on my carpet in one area, a huge wet spot would appear. Gross. After discussion with maintenance, apparently water is leaking through the retaining wall and into my bedroom. Thank heavens I rent and this does not have to be my problem (other than the smell, avoiding stepping in the growing wet spot, and hoping I am not breathing in poisonous mold spores). Good luck with that, guys.

1 comment:

Me said...

i think i must have had like a gallon of e.coli from all the tasty portland water i drank, and so far i feel fine.