15 November 2009

rite of passage

Last week I worked my very first late night techincally the next morning. There's something so unsettling about leaving the office and knowing you have to be back there in less than eight hours. It's kind of awesome that I never had a night that late in my whole first year. I seriously doubt it will be my last.

While I was really tired, and didn't have time for much else than work, I felt really great at the end of it. Working hard on something and accomplishing it feels so satisfying. As long as I don't have to work that hard every week. :)

3 comments:

:p said...

All too familiar. Congrats. I hope you do not have to do many more. It wears you out. Cheers.

Kirstin said...

I'm going to have a late night tonight writing a paper. I agree--I would rather spend one late night working hard on something than spread it out over a matter of weeks. (That's what you were getting at, right?)

Rachel F. said...

I agree, I am happiest when I do hard things, as uncomfortable as they make me. Something about working hard, successfully accomplishing a big goal makes me so impressed with myself and reminds me of my vastly under-utilized potential. I think that's why I love running marathons... Hopefully the feeling translates to Form 1040?