02 October 2009

stay-cation birthday week day five

Diana volunteers at the Ronald McDonald House and they needed extra volunteers for their annual gala. Dress up for charity? I'm in! It was the perfect occasion to end my week of fun.
Jessica, me, and Diana helping during the live auction. We had to help collect signatures of the bid winners. Some people have a lot of money to play with.
Diana and I rockin' it in the coat check room. There was a lovely fur I was eyeing and had almost convinced myself to take a picture in it before the woman came to collect it. :)
The whole event looked lovely, and I really liked these centerpieces. The food was delicious too. Some man had bought a table for his company last minute and he was the only person who could make it, so he invited us and some of the other volunteers to join him. I never turn down free prime rib.
In the morning I went to visit Bob's Red Mill. I didn't make it to the factory for a tour, but thoroughly enjoyed the visitors center, restaurant, and store. And I came home with many packages of whole grain goodness-- there will be some healthy and delicious cooking in my kitchen this fall!

5 comments:

Diana said...

Such a fun night! And I'm so glad that man didn't let his $5k dinner go to waste and shared it with us. If only he were a few years younger... :)

Emily said...

you guys are SO cute!!

Ang said...

You are just cute. When in your travels are you guys going to come and visit out here?! Glad all is well. Hugs.

JonJon said...

I really wish that you would have taken a picture wearing the woman's fur. It would have made for such a great story if she had come up to get her coat just as Diana was snapping a picture of you posing in it...

Megan said...

That dress you're wearing rocks my world. You look amazing!