12 October 2009

sister sister

Kirstin came for a visit and we had such a fun weekend. All my pictures, though, come from our Friday night adventure.
Waiting in line outside the warehouse at the north Portland ship yards on Swan Island. They were not very well organized and took FOREVER to get us all in. I seriously thought we were missing the show, we waited so long. But don't worry, I was really patient about it. Ask anyone there. :)
Diana, me, and Kirst inside. Jon, Christina, and her friend shuffled over to another area to stand, and ended up getting seats in the second row. Total score for them.
The show featured three Portland designers and two Seattle designers and I thought it was all quite fabulous. Every time I am exposed to an event like this I feel a twinge of regret that I chose not to study fashion merchandising and went for accounting. But then Monday morning rolls around, and I realize 1) I am employed, 2) I have enough money to go shopping, and 3) I really enjoy my job, and my regrets fade away.
We then went to Andina for dinner and it was as delightful as I'd remembered. Nuevo Latino Peruvian food-- so delicious. And, we had dinner reservations at 10:30pm, which I thought was quite posh of us. Of course I failed to get a picture of the whole group. Next time maybe. I wish my life were this glamorous every weekend!

Note> You may have looked at these pictures and thought, "Gosh, that's really some unflattering light from the flash." But actually, I am that pale, and my skin does glow in the dark.

3 comments:

dot... dot... dot... said...

Your last comment just made me laugh, and I thought I would tell you that.

Kirstin said...

I had such a fun weekend--it was just what I needed. I also wish I had more weeks off of law school...

Kristine said...

That looks like SO much fun!

I always think it's funny when people can't tell you two apart. I don't remember ever confusing who was who, even when I first met you...