03 August 2009

a funeral, of sorts

Last weekend Kirstin, Lindsay, and I held a funeral for "Magic Genie." I won't go into detail, but know that this represented the end of an era. Wearing black clothing while wandering the campus of our alma mater under the cover of night was most certainly in order. I hope we're still doing stuff this weird slash creepy when we're in our forties.

I can't get enough pics with Brother Brigham, and this occasion was no exception.

I have such a history with this duck pond, and as it evolved into the burial place for magic genie, it just seemed meant to be.


Searching for the perfect spot.


My red plastic cup digging skills were no match for the hard ground-- on to Plan B!


We hexed this family into stone. Or something like that.






This is the point in the night when we became witches in addition to funeral attendees.




This photo spot is perfectly eerie.





RIP Magic Genie, you will be missed.







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A-MAZ-ING. We have so much fun together. And we will be doing this kind of stuff in our forties. Only we'll be dragging our children into it and corrupting them.

JonJon said...

I kind of like how vague you are about what exactly it is you are doing. My imagination is running wild.

Kristine said...

I have the weirdest feeling that I should know what Magic Genie is... like one of you three have told me about it before? Or maybe not, and it's sparkliness just speaks to my soul. :) But I really want to know the story!! Whatever it is, I'm so glad it found a resting place at the duck pond we ruined.