14 August 2009

food cart lunches

There are a lot of great food options in Portland. I once heard we had more restaurants per capita than any other city. I can't really substantiate that, but I tend to believe everything I hear and thought I'd pass that gem along.

A uniquely Portland trait is the heavy presence of food carts, serving gourmet food, not just hot dogs and burritos (although those are most certainly available). I can honestly say I enjoy the days I eat lunch from a food cart more than the days I attend a business lunch at a nice restaurant (microwaved leftovers at my computer come in last place). Today I went to Savor Soup as it is near my current client, and it was as good as I remembered.
Here is my to die for cup of clam chowder, and my build-your-own grilled cheese. Cheddar, Gruyere, sliced apples, and carmelized onions-- yes please!

3 comments:

Rachel F. said...

oh man that sounds amazing! Although I can't help but notice it was still consumed at your computer... What a treat it would be if you could enjoy it in some shady park!

Me said...

the ones by psu campus were fantastic and cheap. oh food carts, how i love thee.

Nathan and Whitney Tanner said...

What a genius idea: build your own Grilled cheese! That sounds amazing. On that note, I'm going to get lunch!