20 July 2009

overrated (clap, clap, clap clap clap)

Nordy's Anniversary Sale started last Friday. For the first time in years I was not at the door at 7am as they opened, but definitely made it there later that night after work (and a pedicure and dinner with friends). I hadn't seen much of anything I liked in the catalogue, but assumed there'd be other stuff I'd wanted to buy at the sale. I went to Nordstrom totally willing to spend money and do my part to help the economy, and was completely under-whelmed by the selection. I didn't buy anything. ANYTHING.
I'm worried I'm depressed and hadn't realized it before now. Because one of the signs that you're depressed is that you no longer enjoy things you used to enjoy. Has Nordy's thrown me into depression?! I am not pleased.

6 comments:

Kirstin said...

I felt the same way. There wasn't even a pair of shoes I wanted to buy! Could we be out-growing Nordstrom? That's a sad thought--hopefully it's just an off season...

Diana said...

I'm glad you could at least earn some points off of my purchases :)

Rachel F. said...

I was really hoping for something lovely in the purse or wallet department, but there was nothing. I figured it was just because the Orem Nordstrom is not so big so it's interesting to hear you had the same experience.

I did find the Spanx to be on sale which is nice. I also fell in love with a dress only to realize it was one of the very few things NOT on sale - lame. But overall there was way more men's stuff on sale than women's stuff.

And amen about the shoes. I haven't liked a pair of shoes at Nordstrom for months. Those buyers need to quit messing with my universe

JonJon said...

Yup, underwhelmed here as well. I just paid to get the body work done on my car though, so that might have been holding me back as well.

Kristine said...

Should I be concerned about you? Are you holding up ok? Reverse seasonal affective disorder, maybe?

:)

Anonymous said...

I didn't buy anything either! I think it's just an off season. Lame!