27 March 2011

gaga-oh-la-la

Last weekend I flew to SLC to attend Gaga's Monster Ball Tour with these lovely ladies.
L to R: Me, Adrien, Kirstin, Lindsay, Katie. We met for dinner beforehand at the Wild Grape, then rushed off to the concert. We had to push dinner back an hour as my flight was late, so we missed the opening band, The Scissor Sisters. I'm sure they were great. But, Lady Gaga was absolutely amazing. She puts on such a good show, and sings and dances her heart out. Plus, she's all about loving yourself and accepting people for who they are-- a platform I can definitely get behind!
I have never had so much fun at a show. We were dancing and singing along the entire time. Gaga is amazingly fabulous and weird and outrageous. One of the best parts of the show was seeing what everyone else wore. Gaga has some fiercely stylish and devoted fans. I was pleasantly surprised by the number of twenty-somethings in attendance, I thought for sure we'd be some of the oldest attendees, but that was definitely not the case. Also, how much do you love this unicorn t-shirt I bought? This is definitely going to become a wardrobe staple. What a great night!

2 comments:

Nathan and Whitney Tanner said...

So glad it was fun! I love that you were there for like 24-36 hours or something crazy. Looks like it was worth it. I LOVE Kirstin's hair/headband thing.

C said...

Oh my gosh Court, that looks like a blast! Funny story... That night we did a mini vaca from Park City and a group of us stayed at the Hotel Monaco in slc. We had no idea the lady gaga concert was that night and EVERYONE at our hotel was dressed crazy!! We were so confused!!! haha then the concierge informed us and it made a lot more sense =) Anyway, we were THIS close to eating at wild grape, but Forage won that night. What do you think of Wild Grape? I have a groupon there and am excited to try it!! Love you!