16 March 2011

forcing it

Do you ever want an outfit to work so badly that you just go ahead and wear it anyways? Maybe because by this point in the morning you're 3 skirts and 2 pairs of tights and 2 tops and 1 other jacket into picking an outfit and at some point you just really need to put on some shoes and leave? And then you spend the entire day debating whether or not you love your outfit or are horrified that you would wear those pieces together? Or is that just me?
The truth of the matter is, however, that this top contains marigold, plum, periwinkle, leaf green, white, and black. But nowhere does it indicate it should be covered in a red jacket. Even if you love your jacket, and the shape goes spendidly with the top and charcoal pencil skirt. I'm even wearing red flats with my black tights, in an effort to make the jacket belong. But it doesn't. But maybe this outfit is working because I'm willing it to? Maybe I love it? Maybe I'm crazy? It's weird though, because it's so unlike me to try to force something that simply isn't working. :)

4 comments:

Diana said...

You're clearly the most fashionable person at work, and so even if it's not working everyone else just thinks you're onto a new trend that they just don't yet know about ;)

Emily said...

I'm with Diana - you can wear whatever you want, and you always look fabulous doing it!!

Kirstin said...

Today is one of those days for me. I wasn't loving it when I put it on, but I was determined to make it to my 8:00 class on time so I just went with it. I think I'm stuck in what I'm wearing for the school day, but I might change my outfit for evening activities. It's not horrible--I'm just afraid I'm wearing a few too many shades of purple...

Anna said...

Love it. You always dress great.