06 March 2011

community garden plot

After two years on a waiting list, Diana finally got the notice she (we) finally have a spot in a community garden! We went to check it out this morning, and I am so excited.
There was quite a lot of plant life and other items left behind from the previous gardeners. Just getting the plot ready for planting is going to be quite a project. I have a feeling working in our garden is going to become one of my favorite weekend traditions this spring and summer.

We've discussed growing flowers, tomatoes, peas, green beans, herbs, brussel sprouts, and lettuce. What do you think we should grow? The dinner parties we're planning for the summer with produce we've grown ourselves are going to be glorious.

6 comments:

JonJon said...

I think all of those things sound great. I also kind of love radishes fresh from the garden. That's one of the things we used to grow in my grandpa's garden.

Jamie said...

i am so incredibly jealous! i loved my little garden i grew on my balcony last year. it really was so much fun and one of the highlights of my spring/summer. you have to grow strawberries. they are impossible to kill and taste so good. same with green beans. and basil. i'm inviting myself to a garden dinner party fyi.

Kirstin said...

You should grow zucchini just to see how big you can get it. You should also grow marijuana to see how closely they monitor the garden.

Diana said...

I am sooooo excited for this. Clearly.

Nathan and Whitney Tanner said...

Definition of Provident Living: Courtney Kay Hansen.

Merrill said...

You live in Oregon... you must plant pot somewhere... did I say that out-loud???