29 September 2009

stay-cation birthday week day two

On a recent audit that require me to drive about an hour into the country, I passed many cute, small towns that I wanted to go back and visit for lunch and antique shopping. I decided Dundee was going to be the best spot and headed out today. I ate lunch at Farm to Fork restaurant and really enjoyed it. There were not as many antique shops as I had remembered from my drive, and many of them were closed (in the middle of the day on Tuesday?) but I did get to do some fun wandering.
I thought this flannel shirt especially appropriate for a day trip into the country. In Dundee and along Highway 99 there are many vineyards and wine tasting rooms, so it's really a charming area of the state. It was so nice to have a chance to stop and go in the places I'd driven past so many days in a row. And, I'm always proud of myself when I'm brave enough to go out to eat alone!
Here are the day's spoils: local, fresh figs and hazelnuts from a roadside farm stand.

No comments: