13 September 2009

i volunteer with the girl scouts

I now have a brown skort and coordinating sash on the way to my apartment. Hello, Halloween. I had to order a girls plus-size large and an extra long sash; I would make a porky 6 to 8-year-old. I haven't decided if I'm going to scour for real badges to sew on, or if I'll make up my own. Either way it's going to be fantastic.
I had to register on the website, and they asked me about my affiliation with the Girl Scouts. That's where it got a bit awkward. So if anyone asks, I help a family friend's daughter attend her troop functions, and I am not in fact the chunky Brownie eagerly awaiting her new uniform.

6 comments:

Me said...

make your own badges for things real girl scouts should know :)

Kristine said...

That's going to be quite fantastic. I love it. And definitely make your own badges!

I've been scheming about my Halloween costume too. Glad we're not procrastinators when it comes to the important stuff. :)

Diana said...

Oh my goodness. FANTASTIC. I think Ariel's suggestion for badges is a great idea!

Matt said...

A cop show up at my door a couple days after I ordered a boy scout uniform. j/k :) Great idea for a costume!

JonJon said...

I'm so excited for your costume. I haven't even thought about Halloween. Hopefully the police don't show up at your door.

Kirstin said...

Your friends are funny. I'm excited I'll get to meet them in a couple weeks. I need to start thinking about what I'll be for Halloween...