17 May 2009

buying local


So this weekend I did some fun, local shopping.  Friday I 
went out with my friend Kim to the Alberta Arts district in the northeast for dinner and shopping.  I bought this cute, handmade, one-of-a-kind dress at Tumbleweed where Kara Larson, a Portland designer, sells her dresses ("Kara Line") along with some other brands.  
Then Saturday there was a ceramics and jewelry sale at the Oregon College of Arts and Craft that is right across the street from my apartment complex.  I bought this ceramic wall hanging, three necklaces, and a broach.  The pic of the necklaces may ruin birthday surprises coming up in August and September for a couple people, but I'm so excited about them I wanted to share.  Have I mentioned lately how much I L.O.V.E. living in Portland?

2 comments:

Kirstin said...

Buenos Aires or Portland, it doesn't much matter--we both spent our weekends shopping at local designer boutiques and craft markets. Love it!

Emily said...

Dang it! I knew I should have gone to the jewelry sale with you!! love the necklaces, and the dress yesterday was so cute!