17 April 2009

ode to free diet coke

I took this picture on my camera phone awhile ago but my phone has been misbehaving lately so there's a backlog of blog-worthy photos.  Basically the best thing an auditor can hope for during busy season is working at a client with free soda.  This particular client had a huge selection, including Diet Coke with Lime.  Amazing.  I drank quite a few.  It's hard to stay focused on work until about 8pm without some extra help.  The only unfortunate thing about this situation was that during the last week when we were working more normal hours I decided to kick my caffeine dependency.  I had the worst headache for a straight three days.  I tried for a couple, but caved and had some DC to make the pain go away.  But finally I persevered and made it through three excruciating days until the pain subsided.  How can something so delicious and so helpful also be so hurtful to your body?  Next busy season I may just try to get ahold of a black market subscription to Ritalin.  

1 comment:

Nathan and Whitney Tanner said...

good job! Your body will love you in the long run!