21 April 2009

happy 4/20

Here are some cookies I helped my sister make for some of her friends. She ordered this special shaped cookie cutter from Stonerware awhile ago in anticipation of the upcoming April "holiday."
We used our mom's favorite butter cookie recipe (so delicious) and made green glaze as the leaves would have been awfully hard to frost with regular frosting. Here is the cookie recipe:
  • 1 C butter
  • 1 1/2 C powdered sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 t vanilla
  • 2 1/2 C flour
  • 1 t baking soda
  • 1 t cream of tartar
  • 1/4 t salt

Mix all ingredients together then roll and cut out. Bake at 375 until edges barely begin to brown (about 5-6 minutes, watch carefully as these babies will burn and they do not taste good toasty).


What a great BYU-appropriate way to celebrate a favorite Oregon tradition. I love being from the northwest. I also really loved the cookie cutter packaging. "Cookies are better baked" and "Sooner or later you're gonna have the munchies" were two tag lines on the packaging.

3 comments:

Emily said...

those tag lines are amazing!! and so are the cookies! you girls are hilarious!

Nathan and Whitney Tanner said...

oh....my....

Kristine said...

Niiice! You guys are great. :)

This was the conversation at work on Monday...

Jake: Happy 4/20!
Betsy: 4/20? What... oh, is that pot smoking day?
Me: Yep!
Betsy: Why do YOU know that?
Me: I keep telling you, I didn't grow up in Mormon-topia, I just went to college there. :)