21 July 2011

imported from detroit

I must say I've been pleasantly surprised with Detroit. I've been having a nice little business trip, and last night finally checked out downtown. Atrocious humidity aside (for real though, how do people even function in this weather) the Motor City is kind of nice.
GM building, isn't it cool-looking? Also, this statue commemorates the underground railroad. Did you know Detroit was a major stop on the underground railroad? I sure didn't.


Oh hey. This is the closest I would get to the camera-- I'm a sweaty mess. Downtown Deroit is really quite big and quite spread out.


We had dinner in Greek town at Pegasus. So delicious.




We also took the People Mover around, which was fun. Think Disney monorail meets public transit.

1 comment:

Kirstin said...

IThis post almost makes me wish I could've joined you for a weekend in Detorit.