25 July 2011

coasty

I really love living within an easy day trip distance to the coast. Despite all the responsible things I should have done this weekend after a week out of town (and a general lifestyle of negligence to chores) I cleared my entire Saturday to head to the beach with some friends.
It was perfectly sunny and mid 70s all day. There was quite a bit of wind, but that just allowed the kite boarders and wind surfers to come out and it was a delight to watch them. I'd never seen either of those sports peformed in the ocean before, just on rivers and lakes!

We spent the day in Manzanita, stopped for dinner in Rockaway, then drove home through Tillamook so we could visit the cheese factory. A childhood favorite that was long overdue for a re-visit.

Learning about the cheese-making process and observing the machinery was *almost* as impressive as the cheese samples at the end of the self-guided tour.

No comments: