29 July 2011

bad people

This very real and very sincere text conversation just occured between my sister and me:

K: We went on a hike and grandpa fell off the trail. It was amazing.

C: What?? No!!!! I can't believe I had to miss that!!! How many people got to see? Was he bleeding at all?

K: Dad, Maren, and I got to see him clinging to the side of the mountain, but none of us witnessed the actual fall. His elblow had a gash in it. Needless to say, we ended the hike early.

C: Of course he was off by himself doing something against the rules. Did Dad have to go save him? I'm guessing there's no chance you took video footage or else I'd already be watching it?

K: I was cursing myself that I didn't bring my phone with me to snap a picture of Dad helping him back up. It would have made a great blog post.

Normally I'd try to explain how you wouldn't be so horrified if only you knew Grandpa Dick. But this conversation looks pretty awful, so I'm just throwing in the towel and admitting we're going to hell. Meh.

Update: Mom's response: Wow, sounds that almost worth going on a hike with him.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

hahah. love LOVE this.

JonJon said...

I love Grandpa Dick stories.