11 February 2011

b.b.q.

Once it finally warmed up to a balmy 25 degrees during the day in Kansas City, my coworker and I finally ventured out after work, rather than keeping ourselves entertained in the hotel (gym, restaurants, room service, TV-- what more does a weeknight need?).

We'd heard that Arthur Bryant was a midwest BBQ classic that we had to try. A man at work (also from out of town) told us he'd been there, and said it was pretty dirty and probably not our scene, and suggested another BBQ place for us to try. The thing is, the more he described the dirtiness of this restaurant and its location, the more convinced I was that it was the only real option for dinner.
This place was amazing. The ribs, fries, and copious amounts of BBQ sauce I consumed were all delicious. They definitely put all of their focus on producing delicious food, and zero on ambience. Seriously all of their focus. From the ghetto white bread they served my "short end rib sandwich" on to the bossy, sassy worker who ordered for us after she decided we were staring at the menu too long, I loved every minute of this dining experience. And I brought home a bottle of their Sweet Hot BBQ sauce, which I am excited to cook with someday when I am actually living in Portland again!

1 comment:

Rachel F. said...

I hereby declare that you deserve a raise for all of this work-life imbalance you've experienced. You're never home anymore!! I feel so bad!