10 January 2010

god be with you til we meet again

I love these two.
Matt, we will miss you dearly.
The tragedy of ending a life so young is hard to process. I still can't believe he's gone. The hardest part of this is knowing how much Emily's life will change in comparison to everyone else's. I wish I could take some of that from her, so I could hurt more, and she could hurt less. But I guess that's exactly what our older brother Jesus Christ will do for her, isn't it? Today I am very grateful for The Atonement.
The other night, we watched YouTube videos in Matt's honor. We saw him shoot guns, skydive, and play the harp. It was delightful. Here's a link to his YouTube page.

It made me wonder what people would do in my memory. I hope it would involve eating cupcakes, and it would probably (unfortunately) involve throwing a fit. :)

3 comments:

:p said...

for sure a loss.

Me said...

i always joke about what i want people do to when i die, i think mine involved paying a celebrity to cry at my funeral.

i wish i could hurt more too, so emily could feel better.

matt was such a good guy.

Emily said...

lots and lots of cupcakes for sure!!

love you! thanks for this beautiful post.