08 March 2009

wicked

Last night I went to see "Wicked" with a bunch of friends.  I loved it!  The Glinda the Good Witch character was so funny.  Her mannerisms were a cross between Molly Shannon's Mary Catherine Gallager, Sheri O'teri's Spartan cheerleader (both from SNL), and a really peppy blonde Utah girl.  Amazing.


Some of us girls decided to wear red to shoes to make the event more festive.  I had discussed at length buying shoes to put glitter on, but in the end just wore some red shoes I already owned (with a purple dress, why not).  Kristine really came through with the sparkly shoes and green tights.

The scenery, costumes, and music were all fabulous.  I wasn't familiar with the music before I went and was worried it would damper my appreciation of the play, but it didn't at all.  Here's Diana and me during intermission.
Emily and I outside, excited for the show to begin.  Thank you Emily for organizing this event months ago so we could all get tickets and go.
What a fun night with a great play, great dinner, and great friends!

2 comments:

Kristine said...

So, if I'd known you were contemplating glitter, I definitely would have insisted on you joining me in crafty time. :) And if you find yourself needing red glitter for anything ever again, I now own a lifetime supply. I'll probably be randomly putting red glitter on things for the rest of forever, just trying to use it up.

Emily said...

such a fun night! we'll have to do it again for sure!