15 March 2009

relief society disaster

Diana and I decided to make St Patrick's Day cookies for the girls we visit teach.  I got lazy and purchased store bought sugar cookie dough (at least the frosting was homemade).  Apparently it was not the kind of dough you can roll, cut-out, and have it retain that festive shape.
They kind of look like clovers, right?  Good thing I made Diana drive around to find clover cookie cutters.
After the first pan came out like that, we re-formed the next pan into balls to make circle cookies.  Then put them in the oven without a timer and didn't remember them until they were quite crisp.  Here's Diana posing with not one but TWO ruined pans of sugar cookies.
Third time's a charm.  Please work, because we're running out of dough.
Ta da!  Round, but green so they still speak to the holiday.  They're probably delicious, but I wouldn't really know.  (OK well I had a bite and thought it was quite good.  Shh don't tell.)  This was not a great time to be off sweets when faced with an entire pan of cookies run together that cannot be given away.
And here is the cute new jacket I got in the mail today from my mom for St. Patrick's Day.  Thanks mom!

4 comments:

:p said...

I know a place that is always willing to take non presentable cookies, or other treats for that matter! Thanks for reminding me that I need to wear green on Tuesday!

Kristine said...

I'm picturing you planning this blog the entire time you were photographing the process. Am I right? :)

Love the jacket!!

D said...

Wow! I had no idea girls worked so hard to get the cookies to turn out well. And they were only for the Relief Society...

Nathan and Whitney Tanner said...

oh my sad! Seriously, I know the pain of ruined food... They looked great in the end, though!