19 December 2008

wow that's big


So this week I was working in Colorado Springs. Our hotel and the client site was right by the most enormous church I've ever seen. Well, the most enormous modern church. There are many huge cathedrals in Europe obviously. It's called the New Life church. It's kind of shaped like a stadium, which I think makes it look all that much more impressive. A sign over one door says, "South Entrance." Any church that needs the entrances separately labeled is a big church. It holds 15,000 people. Apparently there was a shooting there last year, I'm not really one for keeping up with the news. Colorado Springs has the largest concentration of Evangelical Christians of any city in the country (thank you "Jesus Camp" for that little fact). I would have loved to be there over the weekend and attend a Sunday service. I'm sure it would have been a very different experience than my usual church. Much more noise and excitement on the stage and all.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Down the road from my neighborhood in OKC is a huge probably 50 ft cross, you can see it from the highway, and it it LiveChurch, and they have a huge building, it's one of the churches on TV. It's HUGE!