04 October 2008

hello, i live here

Here is a photo tour of my new apartment, as promised. This post only covers my bedroom and bathroom because the rest of the apartment is not yet in a state for showing off. Hopefully someday. Enjoy.




Come on in...
You know you're dying to come visit and sleep in my bed with me. I'm still missing one paper lantern as IKEA was out of the largest size both times I've been to pick up other items. And please note the frames I spray-painted and hung on the wall in lieu of a headboard.
I found this bedside table at TJ Maxx and I love love love it. I did from the very beginning but was worried it's actually hideous and I only think it's amazing so I brought my mom and sister in for a second opinion. They agreed that it's fabulous. I've been tempted to carry the mermaid theme throughout the rest of the room but have not. And I realize they are probably lesbian mermaids on the front, but I'm not threatened by that because I'm secure in my sexuality.
I love this dresser from IKEA. Kirst got the same one. Thank you Dad for putting it together. After finishing my bedroom I am so over furniture you have to assemble yourself.
My full-length mirror which is much prettier than the one I'd always have in my college apartments but does not have the same slimming illusion because it's bigger. I guess better information leads to better decisions.





2 comments:

Rachel F. said...

Courtney it's so beautiful! I'm so impressed that you got it so pulled together so quickly.

We have the Super Mirror up on the wall right before you go up the stairs. You know it's bad when you look in that mirror and think you don't look good! That means in Realityville you must immediately turn back to your room and change.

Ha I love it, "better information leads to better choices" how true is that.

lindsay and mark said...

Don't ever invite me over, because if you do...I might steal that freaking gorgeous night stand. AMAZING.