01 November 2011

happy halloween (careful, i have rabies)

Well the best day of the year has come and gone again. I took inspiration for this year's costume from all the ravers at the Kaskade show I attended in the Gorge this summer. Had I known I could dress like an animal to listen to house music, I most certainly would have. But Halloween worked just as well.
I ran into the store on my way home from work to look for a tunic top or something similar to go over my leggings, and found this tank dress. I originally grabbed a bigger size, but the sales girl assured me I would need a size or two smaller. So I grabbed the next size down, and ended up as a mildly trampy raccoon in a too tight dress. Oops. Probably no one was surprised by this.

You can tell this hat is homemade, but I think the lumpiness and crooked seams add character. :) The faux fur wasn't crazy easy to work with, and I had to modify the pattern a bit, which I obviously chose to do free hand to "save time." Also, the likelihood of me wearing this hat more this winter is high.

2 comments:

C said...

It's so cute!! And your make up is perfect!
One of my best friends is obsessed with Kaskade, like stalker worthy. He's pretty good looking though if I do say so myself.

Megan said...

You look fantastic! I can't believe you made that HAT!!!