27 June 2011

instagram how i love thee

I've been very slow in adding apps to my iPhone. I mean, I feel like I have a lot, and I'm constantly playing with my phone, but I know there is so much more goodness out there. Today I downloaded Instagram, and I'm not sure how I was ever happy without it. I've gone back through previous photos, and made them look much better. Here are a couple examples from my somewhat recent trip to Hogle Zoo:
This baby elephant was to die for. Seriously adorable and so playful. But the angle was hard (not to mention my lack of skill) and the pics I took were poorly centered and too far away. But now it's cropped, zoomed, and given a new finish. So much better.

In the monkey house this huge gorilla came right up to the glass. Super cool. Also a little depressing, because he looked kind of bored and unhappy. The same listless gaze all zoo animals have. But the fuzzy pic I took through the glass wall didn't do his fierceness justice. Until I added this finish, making the fuzziness work for the pic, and darkening the colors so he looks way intense.


Gosh, these pics are so artistic, I think I'm going to create a separate photography blog to display all of my work. JK! Seriously though, I love this app.

3 comments:

JonJon said...

That gorilla really does look intense and you can't tell that he's behind glass, so it kind of looks like you got right up in his business and took this pic. Don't eff with Courtney. She's not afraid of anything. Not even angry gorillas.

Kirstin said...

I'm excited for what will end up looking like our old-fashioned Fourth of July weekend!

Nathan and Whitney Tanner said...

love it