16 June 2011

farm to table

And by farm I mean my own (and Di's, obv) community garden plot.


Last night I made a salad with our first harvest from the garden. We have so. much. lettuce. Nothing else is ready yet, but it's coming along, and we keep weeding and watering. Sort of. It rains a lot, and I don't really like weeding.
And for organic gardening at its best, this little slug had crawled out of the bowl of lettuce when I went to put it in the fridge last night. Gross. But just a necessary hazard of being a committed, semi-professional, organic gardener. :)

I'm seriously loving having a garden, and cannot wait to eat more food I've grown myself. Best summer activity ever!

2 comments:

Kirstin said...

I want my own garden! I suppose I could plant some stuff at Mom and Dad's, but it seems like a lot of work for a place where I (hopefullly) won't be living for long.

Nathan and Whitney Tanner said...

You gotta love it when something crawls out of your food which you've already partaken of... BUT, that lettuce looks delicious!! Good job on the gardening!