27 June 2010

i love visitors

This post is long overdue-- but I couldn't let it slip through the cracks. A few weeks ago Jamie surprised me with a phone call Friday night saying she was coming down to Portland the following day. I was so excited to see her, and it was just the motivation I needed to finalize my post busy season ritual cleansing (of my bedroom).
We went boating with some of her friends, and it was really awesome. We also went to the starlight parade, hit up two happy hours in one day (that made a total of three for the weekend) and had an all around fantastic sleepover.
Jamie also got to see my ward building. It's definitely a unique experience, and this room is one of my favs. What is with all of those stones in the floor, and why is there a fireplace in the church? We also found a closet in this room full of firewood. This building has so many different rooms, hallways, and secret passageways throughout its two levels. My favorite spot is the stairway from the downstairs banquet hall up to the stage. Anyone who comes to visit can have a tour!

1 comment:

Nathan and Whitney Tanner said...

Cool building! Maybe it was a house they converted?