06 December 2009

pot pie sunday

Happy birthday. Merry Christmas. You need to buy your own flight home for the holidays.

That was the deal made so I could get my very own sewing machine. The beautiful Bernina Activa 230 Patchwork Edition showed up awhile ago, and this weekend I finally made my first project. I stayed up 'til 3am making the apron pictured below. There are now two things I'm willing to stay up that late for: sewing, and making out, of course.
The power was out at church today so we ended early after a cold, dark Sacrament Meeting. Break the Fast was also cancelled, so we decided to make dinner at Diana's.
Jon and Patrick, looking good in their aprons, and copying my pose. Cute, guys.

Sheri always goes for the fresh fruits and veggies.


Tracee came late, and contributed to the dinner-making mostly with comic relief and interesting science facts.

Diana checking on our pie. I can't remember the last time I had chicken pot pie. Good idea, Di. We made it completely from scratch too!

Despite some apparent struggles with the crust, I think the leaf-shaped cut-outs give it a little something extra, don't you think? It was delicious, and packed full of nutritious vegetables.
We missed Matt (not pictured), who ended up getting called into work for some emergency financial analysis. Seriously though.

5 comments:

JonJon said...

That pot pie was amazing. We'll seriously need to carry through on our pot pie food cart. Oh, and Patrick and I are all sass in our picture.

Rachel F. said...

This summer I was flying from NYC to SLC and our plane was (of course) stuck on the runway for hours. I was starving and watching Bobby Flay's Pot Pie Throwdown. The first thing I did the morning after arriving in UT was bake both pot pie recipes to see if I agreed with the results of the throwdown.

Thus began my month long affair with Chicken Pot Pie in all its variations. It's seriously hard to find a better dinner option (or lunch... occasionally breakfast). And with all the vegetables you can throw inside, it doesn't have to be THAT bad for you. Unless you want it to be, in which case double up on the crust!

Matt said...

Just so you know, the emergency financial analysis involved combining the P&Ls of two companies to see whether the combined entity would be accretive or dilutive to EPS. And it was accretive, thank goodness.

Courtney Kay said...

Thanks heavens Matt.

And RZ, I say a pot pie baking night is probably in order over Christmas break. Jon, you can come too, I'll make sure it's a day when you are in town.

Rachel F. said...

I love that idea!! I've been secretly wanting to meet Jon anyway. Two birds, one delicious warm pie.