13 November 2008

my search for caribou barbie

Alaska is gorgeous. I miss the mountains in Provo oh so much and I am definitely getting my fill of mountains here. It snowed on Tuesday (or maybe Wednesday, the days are blurring together) so I got to experience my first snow of the season. I LOVE watching the snow fall from inside. And there's a good 5-6 hours of sunlight each day that I get to see from the window. It's pretty dark when we leave for work and when we go home. But I haven't worked a minute of overtime. I love interim work as opposed to year-end work. So much less to get done. I've been working on the same testwork for four straight days now and will continue tomorrow. It's much more monotonous than my smaller clients. And to top it off I'm in a cubicle by myself and the rest of the audit team is in a conference room together. Oh well everyone has to put her time in while on the way to taking over the world. :)


I have had the most delightful dinners while here. Fresh salmon and halibut 'til your eyes pop out. Last night I mixed it up with some prime rib. My coworkers are super fun and we've been having a great time. Two of them are going home over the weekend, one is staying to work, and I'm staying to play. I think I'll make the drive up to Alyeska ski resort to see the scenery and try another great restaurant I've heard about. And in every restaurant/hotel/building in this town there could not be more dead animals. Bears and moose just coming out of the wood works. And dead fish. Big ones. Amazing. Then Sunday I will venture to the Anchorage singles ward. That is if I can get the frickin' meetinghouse locator on the church website to work for me. Should be some glorious people watching.
Luckily I found a disposable digital camera at Fred Meyer so I can begin documenting my trip. I forgot to pack my camera, which has to be the worst oversight ever. I had better see a moose this weekend or sometime before I leave. I've given up the dream for a grizzly bear or even Sarah Palin, but the moose dream I will not give up. Wish me luck.






2 comments:

Rachel F. said...

way to take one for the team by checking out the anchorage single's ward for us. that'll be another state checked off the list. and who knows! maybe that's where all the fabulous men have gone. in which case, we will be moving there.

good luck with the moose "hunting". see "If You Give a Moose a Muffin" for tips.

Nathan and Whitney Tanner said...

you're hilarious. I say don't give up on Sarah Palin...haha. I'm excited to see the slideshow! Love you!