07 November 2008

eat to live or live to eat?



Fall is officially here.  The crisp cool air, brightly-colored leaves, and wool sweaters all contribute to my love of this season of course.  But finding myself in Portland once again I can rekindle an old love affair with Burgerville.  It's a local burger chain that uses only ingredients from the Pacific Northwest.  They have amazing seasonal milkshakes-- the best are the blackberry featured in late summer, in case you were wondering.

Tonight, after deciding not to go out after a long week of work and a hugely long to do li
st for Saturday, I decided to have my Burgerville favorites for dinner.  The milkshake in season right now is the pumpkin spice and it's delightful.  But my real favorite from Burgerville is the sweet potato fries.  They're to die for.  And they help me miss Guru's in Provo a little less.  After my dinner of fries and a milkshake, I anticipate being in a food coma by 9:30pm.

4 comments:

Kristine said...

Thanks for supporting democracy. :) It's fun to see who does and doesn't comment on that particular blog...

Sweet potato fries!!! Those are quite possibly the greatest thing to happen to me since I moved to Oregon. I had no idea such goodness existed. I'm also a lover of the caramel apple milkshake. But the most magical time is the overlap when the blackberry milkshakes are still around from summer (and you get it made with chocolate ice cream), and the sweet potato fries are just starting. It's the best of all possible worlds.

Riot Grrrl said...

I too ate ate Burgerville today. Those sweet potato fries are incredible.

Rachel F. said...

add getting shakes at Burgerville to my Portland to-do list. can't wait!! thanks for sharing about your day.

Nathan and Whitney Tanner said...

oh my! This place sounds amazing. When I come to visit can we please go here?