09 October 2011

27

This year I opted for ice cream in lieu of birthday cake. And no, it's not the camera angle, that double scoop waffle cone was seriously as big as my head, and I ate it all. Come to Portland and I'll take you to Ruby Jewel for a delicious treat.
Just this weekend my roommate asked me if I got to blow out any candles during my birthday weekend (she was out of town). And it suddenly dawned on me that I had not made a birthday wish and blown out any candles. And I totally didn't even care. This a sign of growing up, right? That I could have a fun, low-key (minus the part where we went to a drag show following by dancing at a club) birthday weekend, lacking some key traditions, and not even miss the candles?

2 comments:

JonJon said...

That drag show and dancing afterwards were both good birthday decisions.

C said...

I actually locked myself in a bathroom and cried for a good 10 minutes when Josh forgot candles last year... so yes, good for you, you've come further than me! =)