18 April 2010

it's a vuarney day

There's nothing quite like a day of spring skiing. Especially considering the 8ft+ dump on Snowbird last week, and 14inches ealier this week. It was super sunny and the perfect opportunity for me to wear the Vuarneys I snagged from my parents (I can't believe they still had them from their college days). Luckily my mom and dad both had a pair, so Kirst and I didn't have to fight over them.
Lots and lots of bodies on the tram. With Daniel making a face, the usual.
It was so fun to get to spend the day with Emily. Hopefully she didn't mind waiting for me to finish each run too much. :)

Seriously though, what does it take to get this kid to take a normal photo??

The view from the top is seriously amazing.
I had an amazing day, with only one tragic event: I forgot to wear sunscreen.

You guys, the grossness of this photo does not do justice to the real grossness of my situation. I know I burn easily and I know the sun is so much worse reflecting off the snow, yet somehow I didn't manage to slather on any spf before heading out. After three days of recovery (pictured) my face is still bright red, peeling, itchy, and aching. I am in so much pain. Two days ago my face was swollen and blistered everywhere. I feel really bad for Brian and Andrew who had to eat lunch with me looking that sick. I have been on a steady dose of aloe, benadryl, and advil. I can't wait to show up to work tomorrow looking this ridiculous. I just want the pain to end soon. :(

9 comments:

Diana said...

Looks like you had a great time. sorry about the lack of spf though!!

Matt said...

I hope you get better soon! In the meantime, you should milk the sympathy cow until those udders dry up.

Tara said...

I think I audibly gasped when I saw that last picture.

JonJon said...

Sorry that last comment was me. I forgot to sign my sister out:)

Brad & Lauren said...

Finally a post! Your poor face, that looks very, very painful!

Rachel F. said...

Oh Courtney!! That is so sad! I hope the pain goes away asap. I can imagine how awkward it must be to head into the office like that. Boo!

Unknown said...

I am so sorry!! Maybe you can get a sympathetic doctor to write you a prescription for Vicodin or something. Eh?

Emily said...

your poor little face! i hope the day of skiing was worth it!

Nathan and Whitney Tanner said...

oh my gosh! You poor thing! That looks awful, and snow burns are the worst... Feel better!