10 August 2008

just call me grace


A week or so ago Shondel came to Utah for a visit and we spent Saturday on the boat.  My goal this summer had been to greatly improve my wake boarding skills because I'd made so much improvement in my snow skiing last winter.  I still suck just as much as I ever did.  Luckily I've mastered the art of enjoying activities you are not good at.

I spent many outings this summer trying to figure out if I'm goofy foot or regular.  I found photos of me in the past wake boarding with my right foot forward sometimes and my left foot forward sometimes.  I took Daniel's long board out in front of the house to figure which I preferred.  I have no preference.  Daniel thinks this is an a
nomaly.  I think it shows my natural, ambidextrous talent for water sports.

The great highlight of the day was getting up on the wake surf for the first time.  I like the wake surf because you're going so slow it doesn'
t hurt when you fall.  And I always fall and it tends to be pretty hard.  Nothing quite like a high speed, high pressure enema to end your turn behind the boat.



2 comments:

Ang said...

Amen!! I hear you all the way!

Nathan and Whitney Tanner said...

Good job on the wakeboarding! I'm so proud of you!